Spike is a smart laser measurement solution for all types of geospatial applications that seamlessly integrates with Esri’s Survey123. Survey123 is a simple and intuitive form-centric data gathering app for creating, sharing, and analyzing surveys. Integrating Spike with Survey123 allows you to quickly and easily measure areas, heights, widths, and the offset location of the objects you need to document, simply by taking a photo with your smartphone or tablet, all within the Survey123 app.
- Spike provides a photo verifiable record of the feature being measured, delivering increased confidence in field surveys and measurements.
- Spike allows you to measure distant objects that are either difficult or not possible to reach.
- Typical ROI on Spike is 3-5 uses in the field.
What our GIS customers say about Spike
“We deployed Spike with the Survey123 for ArcGIS app to measure and collect the dimension of objects, such as our signage and facilities. This joint solution has made it so we don’t require any additional equipment for measuring aside from our iPads, Survey123 mobile app, and Spike laser devices, and we can keep our field staff safe during data collection. In addition, Spike and Survey123 reduces our time in the field spent collecting assets, and is not only easy to operate, but highly efficient for data collection.”
Roberto Avila, Ph.D., GIS Applications & Data Services Unit Manager with the Colorado Department of Transportation
Use Spike for site surveys, estimates, designs and permits
The Spike laser device, Spike mobile app, Spike Cloud and your smartphone work together, and enable you to:
- Save Money: Keep installation and service trucks busy on current jobs and not on sales quotes.
- Save Time: Reduce time spent on-site measuring to just the seconds it takes to capture photos.
- Make Money: Sales staff can take on more bids because of the time savings and the lack of dependency on additional labor or bucket trucks.
- Measure While Designing: Import Spike’s 1:1 scaled and perspective corrected image directly into Flexi, Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW or LED Wizard, and measure the Spike photo using the native tools.
- Skip Site Visits: With Spike’s Photo Measurement feature, you can take a photo of an existing sign or area for a new sign, and from that one photo measure multiple heights, lengths, and areas at any time.