About the role
ikeGPS is looking to find a Junior Designer to join our team. The Junior Designer role will report to the Creative Director to handle basic and complex creative tasks under direction. Design forms an integral part of our Brand and Marketing function which focuses on building and maintaining the IKE brand, inbound and outbound marketing, and expanding our marketing and brand reach through various digital channels.
This is a full-time position, working remotely or locally, with occasional meetings in the Broomfield, CO office.
What you will do
As the Junior Designer, you will work with the Brand and Marketing team to help produce projects including but not limited to; creating and updating the IKE website, landing pages, product literature, social ads, tradeshow exhibits, videos, and much more.
- Reviews briefs with the Creative Director, when applicable
- Handles design production tasks for both print and online design production
- Design images or vector art for social ads, outbound campaigns, and websites
- Contribute to page and screen layouts
- Work within and help maintain a defined and organized brand and design system
- Takes direction from the Creative Director
- Meets project deadlines
- Learns new and innovative design/technology
- Designs for and handles other needs related to trade show events (virtual and in-person)
- Contribute to UI/UX and design of IKE products and services
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of graphic design
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Familiarity with the Microsoft 365 Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Print and Digital Design experience
- Good attention to detail
- Computer proficiency – Familiarity with Mac and Windows environments
- Communication skills
- Ability to handle competing tasks and work towards deadlines
- Highly motivated
- Team player
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Figma preferred
- Any video or motion graphics experience (After Effects and Premiere Pro) is helpful but not required
- Experience with Word Press
- Experience with HTML/CSS is helpful but not required
What IKE stands for
Our driving purpose is Manaakitanga which means we rise by lifting others around us and making sure we are treating each other well and having fun along the way.
We are an equal-opportunity employer that holds strong values in diversity and inclusion. Our hiring decisions are based on specific job qualifications and not based on ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, country of origin, disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law.