AEC professionals can save valuable time, money and hassle on remodeling and renovations projects by taking advantage of Spike’s integration with AutoCAD and Revit by Autodesk. You can utilize Spike’s Photo Measurements as part of your day-to-day design work with AutoCAD and Revit.
Spike is a smart laser measurement solution for AEC professionals that allows users to capture measurements and location of an object, such as a house or building, all from a photo. From that photo, you can capture real-time measurements including height, width, area, length and target location. The Spike device, Spike mobile app, Spike Cloud and your smartphone or tablet work together.
Simply take photos of a project site using the Spike device, mobile app, and a smartphone or tablet. Once photos have been captured, export a Spike Scaled Image from the Spike Cloud. This Image is 1:1 scaled and perspective corrected, and is ready for import into AutoCAD and Revit where you can immediately measure and design using AutoCAD and Revit’s native tools. What used to sometimes take days to measure a project to be ready for AutoCAD and Revit import can now happen within hours, all from a smartphone.
Note: using Spike with AutoCAD requires the Spike laser device.
- Project measurements can be captured simply by taking a photo and measuring later, instead of having to manually measure and take separate photos, or use expensive tools.
- You no longer need extensive training or highly trained experts. Anyone can capture accurate measurements using their smartphone and Spike.
- If you forget a measurement, there’s no need to return to the site. Access the photo and remeasure immediately.
- Improve construction administration documentation by adding photo verifiable records and photo-verifiable measurements.
- Skip perspective correction in Photoshop before importing photos into AutoCAD. Spike’s Scaled Image is already perspective corrected, ensuring that the measurements taken will be to scale and the image is flat.