To our IKE Customers and Community, Like all businesses, we are continuing to monitor and respond to COVID-19. Our focus at IKE is on the health and well-being of our people, their families, andRead More
If you have ever had a great day fielding poles you have experienced the mental bliss that comes from a successful day in the field. This joy, while not often acknowledged, is what truly drivesRead More
Telephone, Email, Morse Code, or Smoke Signal
We take the needs of our customers very seriously, but not at the expense of having some fun along the way. Naturally, we have a laser-controlled foosball table. We proudly wear ‘Sharks with freakin lasers’ t-shirts – notwithstanding the marketing department’s ongoing concern about upsetting Austin Powers fans. We work hard – but celebrate successes. Everyone at ikeGPS can donate a day of their work time to a cause that they choose each year. We work in important & interesting markets: helping to keep the power on at electric utilities, deploying fiber in telecommunications and helping geospatial users collect better data, more quickly and more safely. And at the end of every day we get to make & sell really cool, industry-leading measurement solutions that our customers love.
We’re fortunate to have assembled some of the world’s best measurement tech minds alongside leading industry experts that support the needs of our customers every day. Please contact us any time if you can help us on the mission.
At IKE, our employees and our teams are the core of what we do. We know that the people that work for us matter as much as the customers that work with us.
IKE is a young, high-growth, and publicly-listed technology company that’s changing the way that communication companies and electric utilities deploy networks.
We are in the process of developing the next generation of our structural analysis software program, called PoleForeman, which is used by utility companies to design and maintain overhead power distribution and communication pole lines. We are seeking to hire a full time mechanical or civil engineer with a focus on structural analysis to be a part of our team.
Reach out to us if this might be you.
North America is in the middle of a communications infrastructure boom. The drive for more bandwidth is fuelling amazing growth in the deployment of fiber and wireless networks. North America is also at the beginning of a fundamental shift in the way that electric utilities design & strengthen their distribution networks.
IKE’s purpose is Manaakitanga; with a literal meaning of ‘we rise by lifting others’. Lifting, connecting & changing the way that the largest infrastructure companies, like AT&T, Verizon, and Crown Castle, do their work.
For more on Our Story, click here.
The Engineer: Structural Analysis will be a key member PoleForeman solution team responsible for;
● learning, understanding, and documenting the structural analysis theory behind overhead line design using wood, metal, concrete, and composite structures (poles),
● learning how the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) and General Order 95 (GO95) apply to overhead line design, learning about conductor / cable sag and tension theory,
● working with our software development team to develop, test, and certify structural analysis calculations.
● responsibilities also include answering technical questions from clients on structural analysis theory
● further developing our software training program along with our line design training curriculum.
The ideal person will enjoy being in the dynamic atmosphere of a high-growth technology-based company that has all of the fun, ambition, and challenges associated with rapid expansion and big plans.
Applicants for this position must be eligible to work in the United States and be able to work ‘most of the time’ in our Chelsea, Alabama office.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following;
● Effective communication and instructing skills
● Teamworking skills
● A focus on accuracy and client satisfaction
● Ability to make decisions based on sound engineering principles
● Self-motivated, disciplined work ethic
● Ability to complete job tasks in a timely manner
● Accountability for actions or lack thereof
General Education and Experience:
● Requires a degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
● Experience designing overhead utility lines would be preferred but not required.
● A professional engineering license (P.E.) or an engineer who has passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam and is working towards a PE license is also preferred but not required.
These help to create an environment where people can bring the best of themselves to work every day and underpin the best customer experience in our industry. Our core values are;
● Simplicity & clarity.
● Open company. No bullsh*t.
● Be yourself. Be the change you seek.
● Manaakitanga; with a literal meaning of ‘we rise by lifting others’.
The most important criteria for this role is a genuine fit with these values.
● Flexible working hours
● Plenty of paid time-off and leave flexibility.
● A customizable workspace.
● Dental, Medical, and Vision Insurance.
To apply, send us an email!
Inquiries from analysts, investors, and portfolio managers seeking additional information about ikeGPS are invited to contact:Glenn Milnes (CEO)