About the role
IKE PoleForeman is a structural analysis software application used to design and maintain overhead power and communication pole lines. This position, IKE PoleForeman Support Engineer, will be a key member of the PoleForeman team responsible for configuring databases for clients and providing support for the PoleForeman software product.
What you will do
As the IKE PoleForeman Support Engineer, you will work within the IKE Structural team based in Alabama and collaboratively and cross-functionally with other teams.
- Configuring PoleForeman databases based on utility distribution construction standards and design practices.
- Working with clients and the manufacturers of overhead pole line hardware to obtain material strength ratings.
- Understanding the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC)
- Thorough knowledge of IKE PoleForeman
- Creating conductor and cable sag and tension tables
- Working with the IKE support desk on level II and greater support tickets
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from ABET accredited university
- 2+ years of experience designing overhead power line
- Ability to make decisions based on sound engineering principles
- Self-motivated, disciplined work ethic
- Accountability for actions or lack thereof
- Problem-solver who can work independently when needed
- Can exercise good judgment and prioritize workload effectively
- Strong customer focus
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Basic industry knowledge and experience in overhead utility pole lines
- Knowledgeable in pole line hardware and able to communicate this to customers
- Ability to read and understand utility construction standards
- Able to read and identify pole line hardware in construction standards drawings
- Basic knowledge of NESC
- Strong computer/software skills