The Support Engineer continuously monitors IKE systems, software, and hardware. They will keep track of
the developments and instances through our Support Desk system as well as conduct IKE product
hardware testing and QA. Additionally, they will support our end-users with their technical inquiries and
provide specialized coaching and training.
The Support Engineer acts as the user-facing knowledge and expertise contact for our IKE products. The
Support Engineer works cross-functionally with the service & support, Finance, and engineering teams to
support user-facing workflows and product validation.
Key responsibilities & Expected Outcomes
- Timely and quality responses for internal and external support inquiries.
- Provide customers with product knowledge, support, and answers to their inquiries.
- Troubleshoot technical problems.
- Test IKE products to assist customers in finding workflow solutions, troubleshooting, workarounds,
finding requirements, and as needed.
- Test IKE hardware and create reports for the ikeGPS owned pool of refurbished devices.
- Introduce ikeGPS Support and create accounts for new customers.
- Follow up on support tickets and ensure responses meet identified SLA’s.
- Create or assist in creating content for support documentation.
- Work with Finance, Sales, and Operations to ensure customer orders meet specifications.
Outcomes: Customers can effectively conduct their business using IKE products and exceed their
-Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Science, etc or related work experience equivalent.
-Familiarity with help desk software: Zendesk
-Good understanding of mobile device OS: iOS and Android
-Experience with Salesforce
-Computer literacy: PC MS Office.
-Excellent customer and interactive team skills are required.
-Strong communication skills and comfortable speaking to groups.
-Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills.
-Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
-Knowledge of GPS, GIS, and land survey techniques.
-Experience in the Utility industry, particularly with Outside Plant a plus.